Screen not repainting

ToddAndMargo ToddAndMargo at zoho.com
Wed Mar 23 22:34:10 CET 2016

On 03/13/2016 05:56 AM, ToddAndMargo wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> FC23
> Xfce 4.12
>
> Whenever I come log into my GUI or come back from screen saver, my
> screen does not repaint. It is all black. Everything is still there,
> just click on it with the mouse and the item you hit will repaint. Mouse
> across the task bar repaints those items too. Once repainted, they stay
> repainted.
>
> This happened coincident with a "dnf upgrade"
>
> Any idea how to get normal behavior back?
>
> Many thanks,
> -T

This seemed to work, but I have had my heart broken before.
So we will see.

# rpm -e xscreensaver-base xscreensaver-extras xscreensaver-extras-base
xscreensaver-gl-base xscreensaver-gl-extras

# dnf install xscreensaver-base xscreensaver-extras
xscreensaver-extras-base xscreensaver-gl-base xscreensaver-gl-extras