Screen not repainting

ToddAndMargo ToddAndMargo at zoho.com
Wed Mar 16 17:01:46 CET 2016

On 03/15/2016 11:19 AM, ToddAndMargo wrote:
> On 03/15/2016 09:45 AM, Olivier Fourdan wrote:
>> On 15 March 2016 at 17:30, Petter Adsen <petter at synth.no
>> <mailto:petter at synth.no>>wrote:
>>
>>     On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 05:56:40 -0700
>>     ToddAndMargo <ToddAndMargo at zoho.com <mailto:ToddAndMargo at zoho.com>>
>>     wrote:
>>
>>     > Hi All,
>>     >
>>     > FC23
>>     > Xfce 4.12
>>     >
>>     > Whenever I come log into my GUI or come back from screen saver, my
>>     > screen does not repaint. It is all black. Everything is still
>> there,
>>     > just click on it with the mouse and the item you hit will repaint.
>>     > Mouse across the task bar repaints those items too. Once repainted,
>>     > they stay repainted.
>>     >
>>     > This happened coincident with a "dnf upgrade"
>>     >
>>     > Any idea how to get normal behavior back?
>>
>>     File a bug?

>> ​more precisely ​
>> which updated package
>> ​introduced
>>   the issue.
>>
>> Start with which xorg driver do you use? Was it updated during that dnf
>> update?​ What if you try downgrading that package? etc.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Olivier
> Hi Peter and Oliver,
>
> I will test tonight and get back.
>
> -T

Hi Oliver and Peter,

I had work spaces set to one, so to test, I put it at
two.  I opened a term in the second space and let the
screen saver do its thing.  Unable to reproduce.

Well now, maybe the problem only happens with one work
space.  Again, unable to reproduce.

All I did different was change the work screen count.

So, go figure!

Thank you for helping me with this,
-T