How can I disable CSD (client side decorations)?

Klaus Zeitler info at klauszeitler.de
Thu Jun 16 00:17:03 CEST 2016

What a quick answer :-). Though, the way you describe it and considering
your warnings about side effects, I think it's better, if I leave it
alone.

    Steve>     More seriously now. I think someone has a LD_PRELOAD
    Steve>     library lying somewhere on the Internet that forces GTK+3
    Steve>     to not draw a header bar and to use a normal decoration
    Steve>     instead. But I have no idea where it is and how stable it
    Steve>     is.

I think you talk about gtk3-nocsd: https://github.com/PCMan/gtk3-nocsd

I wonder, if the GTK developers plan on adding something, that will
allow the user to turn on/off CSD. If not, then maybe the simplest
solution is just to replace eog, evince etc. with similar applications.

Thanks

Klaus