Is there a conflict with Xfce's Per Manager plugin and APCUPSD?

Charles A Edwards cae at eslrahc.com
Sat Jul 23 00:28:09 CEST 2016

On Fri, 22 Jul 2016 14:42:31 -0700
ToddAndMargo wrote:

> > but I guess you'll need to supply some extra additional info.
> >
> > (I did supply quiet some info, but didn't receive any reply).
> >
> > It doesn't seem like a vivid mailinglist.
> > I have no UPS to test things, but if you explain the problem a bit
> > more detailed, maybe I might give you somme clue.
> > (another perspective sometimes leads to a solution)
> >
> > BTW, my problem might have something to do with the power
> > management to. In short: If I for example power off my monitor and
> > power it back on, it goes into power-saving-mode (and stays there
> > until reboot). (It goes out when I enter CTRL+ALT+F2 and back to
> > power saving when I go back to X; does not happen in gnome or mate)
> >

> The question is about Xfce's Power Manager plugin conflicting with
> power management daemon "apcupsd".  Should the plugin
> be disabled?  Or can the two co-exist?

There is no conflict in the files included in the 2 packages.
The conflict arises because both try to apply settings to the
same attached UPS.

If either apcupsd or nut is being used on a system then
xfce4-power-manager Should Not be used.

    Charles

--
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.