mime type editors configuration file

Manfred Rebentisch mrebentisch at comparat.de
Sun Aug 28 07:48:52 CEST 2016

Hello,
on my Debian 8 XFCE Desktop  happens an installation of one KDE program.
After that the XFCE Mime Type Editor shows many entries with konqueror
as default browser.
Changes in the editor results in entries to ~/.config/mimeapps.list

For the editor I found the info, that the configuration list is in
~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list
But that file ist ignored and has only some lines.

I did not found, from which place the editor takes the list.

The editor itself is bad for my job: if I change an entry from konqueror
to firefox the focus line jumps up to firefox. I have to scroll down
after every change hundred lines...

Thank you
Manfred