ANNOUNCE: xfce4-terminal 0.6.90 released

Weedy weedy2887 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 21:33:11 CEST 2016

On 11 Aug 2016 4:53 a.m., "Igor Zakharov" <f2404 at yandex.ru> wrote:

> The thing is that, again, the support of the means that the terminal was
previously using for setting transparency, has been dropped from vte
library. So I had to use GTK API gtk_widget_set_opacity() which seems to be
requiring a compositing WM.

> > I don't want full window compositing. I like the "view port" of my
desktop the fake compositing did.

> I don't quite get you... If your concern is about the terminal window -
no, it won't be transparent; only the terminal widget is affected with the
transparency setting, other window elements (such as title bar or tabs bar)
remain untouched.

> Igor

No. I mean I liked how it always showed my desktop as the "layer" under the
terminal. Now it's however many terminals I have stacked on top.