Frequent lockups :(

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 08:26:05 CEST 2016

Different implementations may use different code paths in server/drivers so
it's no issue in gnome does not necessarily mean a bug in xfce.

As a start, I guess best would be to ensure that the word "lock-up" is
correct to describe the problem.

 - Can you move the mouse pointer?
 - Do other windows refresh (e.g. the clock, animations, etc.)
 - Can you connect to the box remotely via ssh (assuming you have sshd
enabled)

It may that one app has an active grab on your pointer/keyboard and no
other application can interact then, but that would not be a lock-up.

Cheers,
Olivier