ANNOUNCE: xfdashboard 0.5.1 released
nomad at froevel.de
Mon Sep 7 21:43:17 CEST 2015
xfdashboard-0.5.1 "Development slowing down" was released on 2015-09-07.
This is a development release.
Maybe a Gnome shell like dashboard for Xfce
Release notes for 0.5.1
* Implemented new experimental code to delay window content creation
finally and made it configurable. A new xfconf property called
"/window-content-creation-priority" was implemented and accepts
the values: immediate, high, normal and low whereby the value
'immediate' will create the window content for each window at
the time it was requested which is the default behaviour known so
far and also the default value. The other values determine how
fast and how many window content textures should be created
when application is idle. While 'high' tries to create as many
window content textures as possible, the values 'normal' and
'low' will create much less.
* Implemented an application tracker which tries to determine and
to keep track of running applications. Favourites in quicklaunch
will be marked as running with an 'ok' emblem in default themes.
* With the implementation of the application tracker also running
application which are not stored as favourites in quicklaunch
will be added dynamically as temporary application buttons which
look the same as stored favourites one. But they are removed
automatically when the last window of this application was
* Favourite will get CSS class '.favourite-app' added to its actor
while dynamically added non-favourite actors get the CSS class
'.dynamic-app' added. So both "actors" can be themed differently.
* Hide all dynamically added non-favourite actors when a
drag'n'drop action is in progress.
* Partially rewrote build system to create a static library for
all files except the main file containing the main() function.
The static library can also be used in other tools like gtkdoc.
The final executable binary 'xfdashboard' is created by compiling
main file containing function main() and link it against the
static library and all other needed shared libraries (as it was
* Began adding gtk-doc documentation annotations to various files
* Remove calls to xfdashboard_actor_contains_child_deep() and
replaced them with clutter_actor_contains()
* Add command-line option "--view". This command-line option
"--view [internal name of view]" allows to specify which view
to show when xfdashboard gets visible. This will only be applied
once. It "overrides" any view configured in settings. (#12144)
* Add session management to xfdashboard to restart it if it crashes
* Fixed a bug that pinned windows are not shown at newly created
(but not current) workspace at XfdashboardLiveWorkspace
* Fixed settings application to set xfconf property
'/switch-to-view-on-resume' instead of '/switch-view-on-resume'
* Fixed a warning printed to console when the setting
"gtk-tooltip-timeout" was requested as it is deprecated and
ignored by GTK+ derived application since GTK+ 3.10 and higher.
So we should behave the same and set the timeout statically to
the default duration which GTK+ is also using.
* Some other bug-fixes
More information about the Xfce