ups fully charged?

ToddAndMargo ToddAndMargo at zoho.com
Sun Sep 6 23:41:48 CEST 2015

On 09/03/2015 09:23 AM, ToddAndMargo wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> xfce 4.10; Scientific Linux 7.1  (RHEL clone).
>
> When I log in, I have been getting a "notifyd" pop up
> that my UPS is fully charged.
>
> Did I do that?
>
> Can it be configured?
>
> Will whatever it is replace "apcupds"?
>
> Many thanks,
> -T

It is part of Xfce Power Manager.  I had apparently installed
it once and then removed it, but the whole thing did not come out.
I have it back in now and I do like it.

Question: in a server situation where a user is not logged
in most of the time (from the console), will this plugin's
back end still control UPS shutdown in a power outage?

Or is it best to install APCUPSD?

Many thanks,
-T