Memory leak in sensors panel plugin

Fabian Nowak timystery at arcor.de
Fri Sep 4 21:35:54 CEST 2015

Weedy,

in the past, other people have also experienced memory usage grow.
However, they found out that it was due to the selected Gtk theme they
had, at least they said so.

There have also been bugreports in bugzilla and further investigations,
no further issues could be found so far. Though, another reason might be
running a very old version of the plugin.

Finally, with an update interval of only 1 second, issues might also
arise, as already indicated, by the used libraries and maybe drivers.

So, please, we need a regular bugzilla entry with OS, sensors plugin
version, your hardware as well, the sensors chosen, and some more help
in investigating.

Not everyone has coretemp, it comes from lmsensors device
"coretemp-isa-0000", e.g., with "Core 0" then. And lmsensors uses
libsensors.

Hope that clarifies,

Fabian