Can I suppress the beep from XFCE on logging out?

Petter Adsen petter at synth.no
Wed Oct 21 08:46:27 CEST 2015

On Tue, 20 Oct 2015 15:34:00 +0000
Alan Mackenzie <acm at muc.de> wrote:

> Hello, XFCE.
>
> I'm using XFCE 4.12 on GNU/Linux.
>
> XFCE is a beautiful, practical desktop environment.
>
> But every time I log out of it it beeps at me.
>
> After a while, this has become somewhat irritating.  What is the beep
> trying to tell me?  That I'm logging out?  But I know that already,
> having just clicked on a button for this purpose.  Additionally, the
> bulk of the screen is dimmed (which is quite nice, really).
>
> Is there a setting with which I can suppress this beep?  (Yes, I had a
> look around the <settings> menu.)  If not, would it be possible,
> perhaps, to build in such a setting for the next release?

I'm not sure, but I *think* this is because of the box that pops up and
prompts you to save the session. If you go to Settings -> Session and
Startup -> General and disable "Prompt on Logout", I think it will
disappear.

I haven't got a machine available that it's easy to test on right now,
so I could be wrong, though.

Petter

--
"I'm ionized"