xfce No Mouse Pointer at Log-In Screen

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Nov 13 23:48:49 CET 2015

On Sat, 14 Nov 2015 00:31:39 +0200, ellanios82 wrote:
>  with openSUSE Tumbleweed : Several times recently there is No
>Mouse-Pointer at xfce lightdm Log-In Screen.
>
>- sometimes xfce has frozen my desktop system , at  "xfsettingsd" :
>necessitating Power-Off .
>
>update : i thought troubles had gone away , but now they are
>repeating again
>
>  . . . have a suspicion that perhaps the log-out option to
>"Save session for future logins" may play a role?

The lightdm greeter has nothing to do with the state that is saved or
not saved by the XFCE4 session logout, since lightdm greeter runs before
the Xfce4 session is started. The display manager allows to start other
sessions too. Assumed you have e.g. KDE or GNOME installed, you could
chose to start KDE or GNOME sessions too.