"Xubuntu Studio" - Was: Re: Do I need xfce4-power-manager (and bluetooth) runnning on a desktop?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Nov 10 21:51:27 CET 2015

On Tue, 10 Nov 2015 12:51:00 -0700, Charlie Kravetz wrote:
>On Tue, 10 Nov 2015 19:51:56 +0100 Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>>I guess "Xubuntu Studio" should read "Xubuntu" or "Ubuntu Studio" (a
>>flavour based on Xubuntu).
>
>Ubuntu Studio switched to Xubuntu based distribution about 4 years ago.
>It is now Xubuntu Studio, and probably uses most of the Xubuntu
>defaults.

While it's correct that Ubuntu Studio defaults to Xfce4, the flavour
name still is "Ubuntu Studio", a migration to another default DE or WM
is not impossible, key are meta-packages for audio (production),
graphics, video (production), photography and publishing, not
necessarily the DE.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuFlavors

Btw. Ubuntu Studio still needs team members and contributors. I don't
want to be(come) member of the team, but from time to time I
contribute a little bit. I do so likely for more than just 4 years ;).

Begin forwarded message: