remote assistance

killermoehre killermoehre at gmx.net
Sat May 30 09:42:25 CEST 2015

Am 30.05.2015 um 01:39 schrieb ToddAndMargo:
> We got anything like Go To Assist?

Hi,

I like teamviewer for this (I know, proprietary software, but easy to
use even for my parents in law on there windows PCs). Oh, and it's free
for personal use.
Skype can share the monitors, too.

Something you can try is http://pidgin-vnc.sourceforge.net

The problem always is that you have somehow to come through the
routers/firewalls at both sides. The proprietary solutions solves this
by providing external servers where the traffic is routed. Open projects
can't provide such a service.
But if we're talking about a local network setup, this should be quite
easy with open source solutions. Or you have some VPN available to come
into the remote network.
I hope you understand what I want to say.

Regards
killermoehre