Closing terminal window dosn't kill sudo'ed program

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Fri May 22 16:18:39 CEST 2015

On 2015-05-22, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> PS:
> Now I understand the problem in our communication.
>
> It depends on the way you set up sudo.
>
> Assumed the OP does use sudo asking for a password, there is the need
> to open in a second terminal, doing it your way. IOW it's not
> possible to run sudo xfce4-terminal, when the box is unchecked, you
> need to check the box and then you get two open terminal windows.
>
> So the misunderstanding isn't about the meaning of the words "checked"
> and "unchecked", but the way we set up or sudo commands.

Ah yes, now I see.  It's my fault for not saying that sudo is
configured so it does not require a password.  If sudo needed a
password, then my solution would not work.

Sorry for the confusion.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I have a very good
                                  at               DENTAL PLAN.  Thank you.