Xfwm4 / compositor: gray background

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed May 20 17:37:12 CEST 2015

On Wed, 20 May 2015 17:18:51 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>On Wed, 20 May 2015 15:40:07 +0200, Heinz Diehl wrote:
>>On 20.05.2015, Olivier Fourdan wrote:
>>
>>> Well, it means you failed at rebuilding xfwm4 with
>>> MONITOR_ROOT_PIXMAP enabled or you are not using the version with
>>> MONITOR_ROOT_PIXMAP enabled.
>>
>>> Either way, you missed something.
>>
>>Following the examples from this thread, I guess he forgot to
>>export the CFLAGS prior to compiling..
>>
>>export CFLAGS=...
>
>Perhaps using Arch's makepkg does overwrite CFLAGS with those stored
>in /etc/makepkg.conf, $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/pacman/makepkg.conf,
>~/.makepkg.conf.
>
>Maybe the man page could enlighten the reader.

I suspect that when adding it to the PKGBUILD, then it should work.

build() {
  cd "$srcdir/$pkgname-$pkgver"

  ./configure \
    --prefix=/usr \
    --sysconfdir=/etc \
    --libexecdir=/usr/lib \
    --localstatedir=/var \
    --disable-static \
    --enable-startup-notification \
    --enable-randr \
    --enable-compositor \
    --enable-xsync \
    --disable-debug
  make "CFLAGS=$CFLAGS -DMONITOR_ROOT_PIXMAP=1"
}