Xfwm4 / compositor: gray background

Harold Aling xfce at sait.nl
Wed May 20 15:00:22 CEST 2015

On Wed, 20 May 2015 at 13:46 Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net>
wrote:

> On Wed, 20 May 2015 13:25:51 +0200, Olivier Fourdan wrote:.
> >6. Rebuild xfwm4 from source
> >   pro: you get exactly what you want, you may even try git master and
> >get OpenGL or XPresent support so it's completely tear-free [2] -
> >cons: it's a tad more complicated, you need to install the devel
> >packages that don't get installed by default on most distributions.
>
> Since the OP is an Arch Linux user, this isn't an issue ;).
>
> >CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -DMONITOR_ROOT_PIXMAP=1" ./configure --prefix=...
>
> That's the information the OP needs.

I've built Xfwm4 using the PKGBUILD from the official Arch Xfwm4 PKGBUILD,
with the added CFLAGS="...". I then removed and killed Xfdesktop and killed
Xfwm4, so it would get reloaded by Xfsession.

The result is that Xfwm4 does show the background image with the compositor
enabled! ... but dragging a window accross it wipes the image to replace it
with the gray background I don't really like.

See also:
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-zQaGY6-x1U0/VVyE2CIUb5I/AAAAAAAAOYg/PuZiRo-PJ98/w956-h248-no/2015-05-20-145219_4160x1080_scrot.png

-H-