Xfwm4 / compositor: gray background

Harold Aling xfce at sait.nl
Tue May 19 10:48:27 CEST 2015

Dear list,

I recently changed back from Compton to Xfwm4's compositor to enable the
window previews in the application switcher, but now my utterly beautiful
wallpaper changed in a dull gray background.

Well, it turns gray after I "wipe the screen with a window" ;)

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-jaBZrrGT8GE/VVr3Y_GrJbI/AAAAAAAAOXc/ltxwoxdK3Ig/w956-h248-no/2015-05-19-091803_4160x1080_scrot.png
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-va0YlA9UD2Y/VVr3YuZhqLI/AAAAAAAAOXY/CY0UYFgDa-U/w956-h248-no/2015-05-19-091829_4160x1080_scrot.png

I used to use feh to scale a jpeg onto one of my screen configuration, but
nothing happens when I run this with Xfwm4's compositor on.
$ feh --bg-scale /home/harold/UtterlyBeautifulWallpapers/MostAwesome.jpg

How cat I set (and stretch) a wallpaper without having to install something
like Xfdesktop4?

I'm on Arch Linux, so I'm using the latest releases of the Xfce suite.

-tnx!-

Harold