Sometimes I do a mouse gesture without knowing what it is

Mișu Moldovan dumol at xfce.org
Tue Mar 31 19:58:28 CEST 2015

On Fri, 27 Mar 2015 23:08:27 -0700 James Moe wrote:

>   Occasionally I cause a mouse gesture that affects mouse drag
> operation. The visual effect is the mouse icon looks like a closed
> fist with plus sign next to it. Usually the ESC clears the action, but
> not always.
> 1. What is the modified drag operation?
> 2. How am I invoking it?
> 3. How can I disable it?

This reminds me of a long-standing bug in the GTK+ 2.x version of the
Balsa mail client. Sometimes an icon resembling a drag&drop cursor
would slowly traverse the screen as if you were using the mouse to
drag and drop an email from the list of emails to a mailbox in the
left-side panel. All by itself!

If this resembles what you are seeing, perhaps you should try to
narrow down the faulty GTK+ application in the list of running
programs by closing the one you suspect to be at fault and waiting to
see if it happens again. Hope that helps…