ANNOUNCE: xfwm4 4.12.1 released

John Coppens john at jcoppens.com
Mon Mar 30 20:58:49 CEST 2015

Hi all... Thanks for the work on 4.12!

A couple of days ago, I compiled and installed all packages...
I'm impressed! Never had a version which was so easy to install.

I do have an issue: For some reason the desktop edge resistance seems to
vary enormously. After installation, it was much harder to switch
desktops using the pointer, as compared to the previous version. I
lowered the resistance in the Window manager setup to about half of
what it was.

Still, frequently I have problems with the initial resistance being
very high (up to a point where I have to switch using the keyboard),
till it finally switches, after which it seems back to normal (for a
while at least).

Is this a bug or do I have to change some other parameter?

John