Hotplug: Turning off DisplayPort monitor also tears down its associated desktop.

Michal Varga spash at otana.link
Sun Mar 15 01:34:15 CET 2015

On Sat, 2015-03-14 at 19:15 -0500, Douglas R. Reno wrote:
> Which version of Xfwm are you running? From what I gather, 4.12.1 was
> released today and it said something about XRandr in the release notes. You
> might want to check that out.
>
> Douglas R. Reno

Thank you for mentioning it, I actually run 4.12.0, so I felt very
optimistic the moment I noticed the changelog (talk about good timing!),
but upon closer inspection of the PR's in question, those issues look
only remotely related (if at all). I'll still try 4.12.1 later today
though, just in case those patches would indirectly affect my scenario
too. If nothing else, digging deeper into the history of it can possibly
explain why the behavior suddenly changed with 4.12 in the first place.

m.

--
Michal Varga,
Stonehenge