XFCE to be standar "PAS" desktop on University of Murcia

jEsuSdA 8) listas at jesusda.com
Mon Mar 2 13:21:58 CET 2015

El 02/03/15 a las 13:09, Steve Dodier-Lazaro escribió:
> Hiya,
>
> Thanks for letting us know! Is it ok for us to advertise this on
> Twitter/our website?

I will ask the project people and feedback you the answer. ;)

> Also i see in the Spanish notice that the university of Murcia will
> develop its own os on top of a Linux distribution. Im quite curious to
> know what kind of customisation they do, and if any of it aims to
> compensate a missing fearure in Xfce.

Yes. They use Xubuntu as base, and they add some extra stuff and
configuration settings to bring users some functionality like conecting
the network services, applications, e-mail, id cards, special hardware,
etc. There are a lot of workers, so the distribution must be as complete
and easy to configure/mantain as possible.

Sadly I don't know if a desktop customization has been done. I will ask
them too. :D

> Kind regards,

Salu2 de jEsuSdA 8)