Switch user issue.

Erik P. Olsen epodata at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 22:07:04 CEST 2015

On 2015-06-19 at 19:05:48 Liviu Andronic wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 2:28 PM, Erik P. Olsen <epodata at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Running F21 with xfce. I've installed xfce4.xfswitch-plugin which
> > supposedly should allow switching users. However, clicking on the
> > action button in the session menu does nothing.
> >
> > What is missing?
> >
> May depend on your Display Manager. From memory, it won't work with
> Slim.

Thanks for the answer. I have simply installed fedora with xfce without
thinking about which Display Manager I was using. Checking into that I
found that it was LightDM. Googling lightdm switch user brought up
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/LightDM which gave the answer at
"User switching under Xfce4". Go look it up if you are interested.

Next hurdle was to do what the wiki explained because the switch user
button was greyed out. Maybe because I am using Whisker Menu. But
anyway since it expects to use gdmflexiserver to switch the user it may
depends on gdm so I reinstalled xfce4-xfswitch-plugin which drags in
gdmflexiserver and sure enough now the button is no longer greyed out.
The mod from the wiki now works flawlessly.

--
Erik