Removable drive mount points

Morten Bo Johansen mbj at spamcop.net
Thu Jul 23 20:50:41 CEST 2015

Hi,

When plugging in a removable drive it is convenient to right
click on the desktop icon that appears and mount it from the
resulting menu. However, the drive does not get mounted where I
want it to. In my /etc/fstab I have specified where I want my
usb harddisk mounted by disk UUID, like this

  UUID="9b05bd11-35fa-4e8e-8bd4-130556aa9070" /media/usb/ ext4 rw,user,noauto  0  2

However, when I "use the icon" to mount it, it is instead
mounted on

  /media/9b05bd11-35fa-4e8e-8bd4-130556aa9070/

If there is nothing I can do about that, then I suggest as a
"wishlist bug" that Xfce first looks in /etc/fstab for the
drive's UUID and if it finds it, then mounts the drive on the
corresponding mount point in fstab.

Thanks,
Morten