opensuse TumbleWeed : system freezes upon start-up

Petter Adsen petter at synth.no
Sun Dec 13 09:40:46 CET 2015

On Sun, 13 Dec 2015 09:51:56 +0200
ellanios82 <ellanios82 at gmail.com> wrote:

>   Hello List ,
>
>    using XFCE on tumbleweed , it often takes me 3 tries
>    to get my desk-top up and running in the mornings :
>
>     - at  'xfsettingsd' my system freezes solid & needs power-off to
> get to another try.

>   in /var/lib/systemd/coredump :
>
>   have accumulated about 3 GB of files such as :
>
> core.xfsettingsd.1000.f94d3682cbd64b27b32482c4a00b47fc.5345.1449735349000000.xz

I'm sorry that nobody has been able to help you with this, but this is
the fifth time you have posted about this problem in a little over one
month. It doesn't seem like anyone is able to help you here.

Does this also happen if you create a new user and log on as that user
without copying over any configuration files first? If it doesn't, there
is probably a problem with your configuration.

Have you tried asking about this on an OpenSUSE mailing list to see if
others are having similar problems? Is there a newer version of Xfce
available for your distribution somewhere?

You can also ask in the Xfce forum[1] to see if you have better luck
there, but please post things like version numbers. There is also IRC -
#xfce at Freenode.

If you can confirm that this is a problem with Xfce and not your
configuration you could try to file a bug[2], but you will need to
provide more details.

Petter

[1] http://forum.xfce.org/
[2] https://bugzilla.xfce.org/