Memory leak in sensors panel plugin

houghi houghi at houghi.org
Tue Aug 18 16:44:12 CEST 2015

On 2015-08-18 15:50, Weedy wrote:
> I just reset my panel because the sensors plugin was over 700mb RSS.
>
> How do you guys want me to debug this? It takes time to build up, I
> would
> guess it's in the code that runs the external tools. I can speed up or
> slow
> down the leak by adjusting the update interval.

Perhaps first try to determine what is causing this. e.g.  first try
temperature only, then fan speed, then whatever else you have and this
at the highest speed. If you think you found it, still check all the
others, because it could be more than one.

If you find it is e.g. fanspeed only, try to see if it is one specific
fan or if it is all of them.

Once you find that, it might already be pointing in the right direction
and will be much easier to determine what the cause is. And even if it
is all of them, that could help.

houghi