shutdown and restart

Kovacs Levente leventelist at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 00:24:51 CEST 2015

Hello list,

First, thanks for XFCE. Great project.

I recently installed XFCE 4.12 on my Debian Wheezy box from source,
everything went well. Then I upgraded to Jessie, and recompiled XFCE. On the
logout window, the shutdown and restart buttons are grey, and I can't shutdown and restart.

I tried various init systems (systemd and sysvinit), various login managers
(slim and lightdm), and I have the same results. The goal is to make it
working with sysVinit.

Dbus is running, and I can shutdown by issuing:

dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest="org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit" /org/freedesktop/ConsoleKit/Manager org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Manager.Stop

On FreeBSD, everything is working out of the box.

Any help are welcome.

Thanks,
Levente