[off-topic] Terminal maximized?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Apr 3 14:21:43 CEST 2015

Oops, send from the wrong account.
Since it's OT, I simply forward it, so the Message-ID gets lost.

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2015 13:34:32 +0200
From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf...rocketmail.com>
To: xfce...xfce.org
Subject: Re: [off-topic] Terminal maximized?

On Fri, 3 Apr 2015 13:02:49 +0200, Petter Adsen wrote:
>I often see people recommend roxterm - what is so good about it? Is
>there any functionality I'm missing out on? I had a look at it once,
>but I didn't notice anything I couldn't get with rxvt.

Just one example, if you e.g. run a command that takes a long time and
puts out text, doing it using a small sized window and you later need
to enlarge this window rxvt and xfce4-terminal don't reformat wrapped
text. Roxterm reformats wrapped text and you also can resize the fonts
by the common shortcuts for resizing.
This at least is what I experience with
$ pacman -Q xfce4-terminal rxvt roxterm
xfce4-terminal 0.6.3-2