Terminal maximized?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Apr 3 12:44:12 CEST 2015

On Fri, 3 Apr 2015 09:28:36 +0200, Heinz Diehl wrote:
>this may surely be an easy to answer question, however, I can't find
>any answer to it. How can I get all my xfce4-terminal windows to start
>maximized? E.g. the same thing that "xfce4-terminal --maximize" does.
>Is there any global option except fiddling with the default geometry
>in terminalrc?

Hi Heinz,

if I use menus and launchers, I prefer to edit them manually.

Perhaps after editing

/usr/share/applications/xfce4-terminal.desktop
/usr/share/gnome-control-center/default-apps/xfce4-terminal-default-apps.xml

there's no need to edit the menus and launchers anymore, but I don't
know.

JFTR I dropped xfce4-terminal in favour of roxterm. IMO it's the best
terminal emulation. However, roxterm needs to be launched with the
-m, --maximise, --maximize option too.

To edit menus there are tons of GUIs available, but for DEs such as
Xfce editing menus by those tools is limited.

You could try
mozo, menulibre, alacarte and cinnamon-menu-editor
and add --maximize to the menu entries.

I didn't read those links myself, but they might be useful:
https://wiki.xfce.org/howto/customize-menu
https://forum.xfce.org/viewtopic.php?id=8671

Regards,
Ralf