thunar: open with mplayer / mpv stopped working

Ernest Adrogué nfdisco at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 11:52:27 CEST 2014

Hi,

Recently, when I try to open a video file with Thunar using mplayer
(default app) or mpv (open with submenu) the file doesn't play at all.
The file does play if I open it with mplayer running on a terminal.  It
also plays if open it with Thunar by selecting open with vlc.

I don't know why it fails because there is no error message to be seen,
the file just doesn't play, nothing in .xsession-errors either.  Any
idea what the problem might be?

Regards.