Anyone going to use shaders in xfdashboard?

Stephan Haller nomad at froevel.de
Fri Sep 12 18:59:12 CEST 2014

Hi to all themers out there,

is anyone going to use shaders for the new effects in xfdashboard? I
have no knowledge about shaders and what is needed. That's why I ask.
What are the requirements to use shaders in a convenient way?

Currently you can set the class of an effect to ClutterShaderEffect but
the "source code" of the shader has to converted to XML with entities
like '&' or a simple '&' etc and set as value for the appropiate
node.

What about variables?

So many questions I cannot answer myself because I really don't know
anything about shaders.

If anybody out there is theming xfdashboard please do not hesitate to
get in contact with me. I really would like to help even if my design
capabilities are very limited as you can see at the default theme of
xfdashboard ;)

Cheers,
Stephan