Thunar does not recognices mimetype asociation in PDF and OpenDocument

Mathias Brodala info at noctus.net
Wed Oct 8 19:31:07 CEST 2014

Hi,

jEsuSdA 8) schrieb am 08.10.2014 um 11:35:
> When I click a pdf file in Thunar, this pdf opens with ePdfViewer
> instead Evince.
>
> […]
>
> This has been working ok since ever, but suddently it stop working and
> Thunar opens pdf files with the wrong applicacion.

I noticed something similar recently: videos where opened with Mplayer
although mpv was configured as default application. The same goes for
images: they where opened with Mirage instead of Geeqie. In both cases
the application shown as default application in the file properties and
shown in the context menu (= eventually opened) are different.

All of this occurred seemingly all of sudden and might be related to one
or another package update. I did workaround this issue by removing the
falsely opened applications.

I just did another check right now by reinstalling Mirage: the old
behavior returns. The first entry for image/jpeg indeed was
"mirage.desktop" in my ~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list, but
even after removing that entry and force-closing Thunar (-q) nothing
changes.

If someone has an idea what could cause this issue, please speak up. :-)

Regards, Mathias