right mouse button via keyboard

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Nov 28 11:57:09 CET 2014

On Fri, 28 Nov 2014 10:39:10 +0100
Roland Kuebert <roland at upic.de> wrote:
> I don't think this is Xfce-specific, but I can get a context menu via
> "context menu" key, located on my keyboard between the right "Windows
> Key" and the right "Strg" (obviously, a German "Designed for Windows"
> keyboard ;) ).

For the menu on the desktop it's DE specific, by default not all WMs
provide this short cut (maybe all DEs do), but as soon as focus is on an
app, it will work, if the app supports it.

E.g. a default openbox, doesn't provide it. Evolution does provide it,
even if you run a default openbox. Claws doesn't support it, but
Sylpheed does support it.

With a key for the mouse button you'll be on the safe side, the menu
key seems not to be a good replacement.