Thunar - Was: no wonder you are UNDERdevellopped ...

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Nov 26 19:23:45 CET 2014

On Wed, 26 Nov 2014 13:03:31 -0500
Roberto J Dohnert <rjdohnert at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there anyway to replace Thunar with Pcmanfm totally?  I have found
> that if I remove Thunar it gives me a ton of other issues

[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ pactree -sr thunar
thunar
├─thunar-archive-plugin
├─thunar-media-tags-plugin
├─thunar-volman
└─xfdesktop
[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ pacman -Qi xfdesktop | grep Depends
Depends On     : libxfce4ui  thunar  garcon  hicolor-icon-theme  libwnck

I don't use Xfce4 anymore, sometimes I'm using JWM and sometimes I'm
using openbox. With JWM and openbox I'm using several Xfce4
applications. IOW I easily can replace the applications I want to use.

Regarding to the above hard dependency of xfdesktop, including
xfdesktop-settings, it likely depends on what you need and what you
don't need and what exactly you want to replace, while running Xfce4.