CAPTCHA exclusion (Was: no wonder you are UNDERdevellopped ...)

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Nov 26 15:33:43 CET 2014

On Wed, 26 Nov 2014 14:16:38 +0000
Steve Dodier-Lazaro <sidi at xfce.org> wrote:
> Let me be the advocate of the devil for a bit. This CAPTCHA:
> - requires copy/pasting to a Terminal, hardly comfortable operations
> for a very new Linux user (not mentioning a11y here)

The link is a link to Arch Linux. A default Arch Linux install comes
without a WM/DE and even without X, so it perhaps isn't the best distro
for a newbie.

[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ date -u +%V$(uname)|sha256sum|sed 's/\W//g'
e31e7b0008b50c852a4ada9835c89cb80f53e8f62328daa965beec7c9eb2066e

Perhaps the output is useful to somebody who can't handle it.

The pitfall likely is
date [snip] //g'
               ^ since it's not easy to see in combination with the
                 quotation marks.