Prob with notifications.

Robby Workman rw at rlworkman.net
Wed Nov 26 04:10:46 CET 2014

On Tue, 25 Nov 2014 15:03:13 -0700
Charlie Kravetz <cjk at teamcharliesangels.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Nov 2014 14:18:04 -0600
> Robby Workman <rw at rlworkman.net> wrote:
>
> >On Tue, 25 Nov 2014 15:00:53 -0300
> >Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI <renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org> wrote:

> >> That did it, thank you very much.
> >

> >Okay, so why isn't this a default setting for xfwm4?
> >
> >I'm guessing there is (or at least WAS) a good reason for it, but
> >I don't know that reason, so I'm curious. It just seems like, based
> >on *my* experience as a user (though I'm admittedly not
> >representative of all users), this should be the default.
> >
> >-RW
>
> Each distribution is allowed to decide what preset defaults are used
> by them. If your chosen operating system does not set this, why not
> request they do it in the future?

For the sake of clarity, I wasn't the one with the original problem
and thus my distribution is not the issue here.

That said, as a distribution packager, I understand your point and
largely agree with it, but I also think that "distributions are
free to change it" is a terrible way to justify an upstream default
that causes problems for users because they don't know what it means.
I'm not suggesting that this particular issue is a huge cause of
problems - in fact, this is the first I've seen in YEARS - so I suspect
that it is actually NOT a huge cause of problems, but the point I'm
trying to make is nonetheless valid.

-RW