ANNOUNCE: xfdashboard 0.1.91 released

Stephan Haller nomad at froevel.de
Fri May 9 14:11:39 CEST 2014

xfdashboard-0.1.91 "I see the light at the end of the tunnel" was
released on 2014-05-09.

This is a release candidate for upcoming stable version 0.2.0.

About xfdashboard
=================

Maybe a Gnome shell like dashboard for Xfce

Website:
  http://xfdashboard.froevel.de

Documentation:
  http://xfdashboard.froevel.de/doc.html

Bugs/issues/enhancements:
  https://github.com/gmc-holle/xfdashboard/issues

Additional notes
================

* This may be the last version before releasing stable version. Please
  report bugs and performance issues to the URL listed above. Thanks :)

Release notes for 0.1.91
========================

* WARNING: Broke API because I renamed XfdashboardImage to
  XfdashboardImageContent to keep class name in sync with the naming
  convention I used so far

* A small new feature did it into this release candidate as it makes
  xfdashboard more convenient. Introduced the command-line options
  "-t" and "--toggle" to toggle between suspend/resume state from
  command-line. It works with daemon and non-daemon mode. But at latter
  mode it will just quit xfdashboard instead of suspending.
* Added an auto-start .desktop file, which is disabled by default, and
  application .desktop file for application menu which can also be used
  for a panel launcher. It misses an application icon and I have no idea
  how it should look like despite I can draw it :(
* Fixed lookup of relative pathes to icons. They are now always relative
  pathes to the base path of current theme.
* Icons of views, e.g. used by view selector, can now be themed via CSS.
* View selector now uses tooltip to display which view is behind which
  button/icon.
* One very first start-up, when the setting xfdashboard/favourites is be
  missed in xfconf, set up a default set of favourites from preferred
  applications like terminal, web browser etc. supported by exo.
* The layout manager XfdashboardScaledTableLayout got a new property
  called "prevent-upscaling" to prevent that a child is sized larger
  than its real and natural size. The windows view can use it to prevent
  upscaling of windows. The default theme activates this new option.
* Include window frame at XfdashboardWindowContent for live updates.
  It is configurable by the theme via the property called
  "include-window-frame". The default theme turns it on.
* Some smaller improvements but no real bug fixes

Download
========

http://xfdashboard.froevel.de/releases/xfdashboard-0.1.91.tar.gz
http://xfdashboard.froevel.de/releases/xfdashboard-0.1.91.tar.bz2