lightdm with login user names?

Ulli Horlacher framstag at rus.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed May 7 16:24:01 CEST 2014

As far as I know, lightdm is not part of XFCE, but many users like me use
xubuntu which has lightdm as default display manager.

lightdm displays real names instead of user names on the login screen.
Is it possible to configure lightdm to display the UNIX user names?
A simple User/Password login form would be ok, too.

--
Ullrich Horlacher              Informationssysteme und Serverbetrieb
Rechenzentrum IZUS/TIK         E-Mail: horlacher at tik.uni-stuttgart.de
Universitaet Stuttgart         Tel:    ++49-711-68565868
Allmandring 30a                Fax:    ++49-711-682357
70550 Stuttgart (Germany)      WWW:    http://www.tik.uni-stuttgart.de/
REF:<20140507142401.GA13351 at rus.uni-stuttgart.de>