screensaver locking desktop

Sébastien ml at terranean.eu
Fri May 2 04:29:34 CEST 2014

Le 2014-05-01 à 18:27, Robert Holtzman a écrit:
> On Sat, Apr 19, 2014 at 12:48:58PM -0700, Robert Holtzman wrote:
> > When I close the lid of the laptop then open it, it requires the
> > password to unlock. The option to lock the screen in the screensaver
> > setting is not selected.
>
> I haven't had any response to this except to uncheck the screen lock
> in the screensaver configuration window, which, of course, I noted in
> my original post that it *was* unchecked. Can I assume from the
> crashing silence that everyone is out of ideas?.......anyone?

According to the archived thread:
https://mail.xfce.org/pipermail/xfce/2014-April/thread.html#33464

I don't see anyone mentioning the screensaver settings. Just that
you had replies that were left unanswered. Marc suggested making sure
Gnome's own screensaver frontend is not running:

> Are you running xfce under Ubuntu ?
> If so, check that gnome-screensaver is not running.
> When I was using Xubuntu I got similar problems.

Marshall suggested the locking option in the *Power Manager* settings:

> I am on 4.10 so, perhaps check Power Manager > Extended.  Mine has a
> lock checkbox.

which can be found there, as Charles suggested:

> Run /usr/bin/xfce4-power-manager-settings
> Look in "Extended"
> uncheck "Lock screen when going for suspend/hibernate"
>
> If you did not find it checked then you have some other power-manager
> running.
>
> You can use
> $ ps aux |grep power
> to find it.