XFCE event sounds missing

Serge omoikane at bk.ru
Sun Mar 30 05:31:55 CEST 2014

 I dunno.
Place tooltip-popup.wav to /usr/share/sounds/
Is sound played when you hover mouse cursor over desktop elements?
Which sound file played exactly when Thunar confirmation popup?
 As far as i remember, Xfce doesn't support event sounds properly.
And maybe something is broken in testing.
Switch to kde or gnome if you want trash-empty sound so badly)

On Sat, 29 Mar 2014 21:46:17 +0100
"jEsuSdA 8)" <listas at jesusda.com> wrote:

> El 26/03/14 16:26, Serge escribió:
> > Nevermind what you entered there, canberra must play properly named
> > files in /usr/share/sounds
> > Maybe you neeed to edit /etc/xdg/xfce4/xinitrc
> > and add there
> >
> > if [ -z "$GTK_MODULES" ] ; then
> >      GTK_MODULES="canberra-gtk-module"
> > else
> >      GTK_MODULES="$GTK_MODULES:canberra-gtk-module"
> > fi
> >
> > export GTK_MODULES
>

> Hi!
>
> I have done this but still does not work properly.
>
> This hack is like the hacks I made early:
>
> edit /etc/X11/Xsession.d/52libcanberra-gtk-module_add-to-gtk-modules
> and
> edit /etc/X11/Xsession.d/52libcanberra-gtk3-module_add-to-gtk-modules
>
> And copy:
>
> if [ -z "$GTK_MODULES" ] ; then
> 	GTK_MODULES="canberra-gtk-module"
> else
> 	GTK_MODULES="$GTK_MODULES:canberra-gtk-module"
> fi
> export GTK_MODULES
>

> I have proved to convert audio files to WAV format and copy them into
> /usr/share/sounds/
>
> THIS NOT WORK AT ALL. No sounds are played.
>

> I have proved to convert audio files to OGG format and copy them into
> /usr/share/sounds/
>
> THIS NOT WORK AT ALL. No sounds are played.
>

> I have proved to set the theme name PASODOBLE into
> xfce4-settings-editor and gconf-editor
>
> If I use WAV files into /usr/share/sounds/pasodoble folder, THIS NOT
> WORK AT ALL. No sounds are played.
>
> If I use OGG files into /usr/share/sounds/pasodoble folder, THIS
> WORK, but SOME sounds are played, NO OTHER. This is the start point
> of muy troubles.
>

> So, the thing is: I have a sound theme and canberra-gtk-module is
> load; SOME event sounds are played, but SOME OTHERS does not play at
> all.
>

> If I test this:
>

> for i in alarm-clock-elapsed alarm audio-channel-front-center
> audio-channel-front-left audio-channel-front-right
> audio-channel-rear-center audio-channel-rear-left
> audio-channel-rear-right audio-channel-side-left audio-channel
> side-right audio-test-signal audio-volume-change bell
> button-toggle-off button-toggle-on camera-shutter complete
> desktop-login desktop-logout device-added device-removed
> dialog-error  dialog-information dialog-question dialog-warning
> message-new-instant message-new-mail message
> network-connectivity-established network-connectivity-lost
> phone-incoming-call phone-outgoing-busy phone-outgoing-calling
> power-plug power-unplug screen-capture service-login service-logout
> suspend-error system-ready trash-empty window-attention
> window-question window-slide do
>
> echo "$(tput setaf 1)PROBANDO MENSAJE: $i $(tput setaf 7)"
> /usr/bin/canberra-gtk-play -i $i
> done
>

> ALL SOUNDS ARE PLAYED, but, if I try to do any acction who must
> [...]

Claws Mail version 3.8.1
Linux debian 3.2.0-4-rt-amd64 #1 SMP PREEMPT RT Debian 3.2.54-2 x86_64
GNU/Linux