ANNOUNCE: xfdashboard 0.1.6 released

Stephan Haller nomad at froevel.de
Wed Mar 19 22:04:38 CET 2014

xfdashboard-0.1.6 "Get me into shape" was released on 2014-03-19.

This is a development release.

About xfdashboard
=================

Maybe a Gnome shell like dashboard for Xfce

Website:
  http://xfdashboard.froevel.de

Documentation:
  http://xfdashboard.froevel.de/doc.html

Bugs/issues/enhancements:
  https://github.com/gmc-holle/xfdashboard/issues

Additional notes
================

* Just a reminder: URL to website and documentation has changed
* I'm sorry. Documentation about theming lacks the part about
  layout currently. I hope to get it up-to-date very soon.

Release notes for 0.1.6
=======================

* New feature: Added tooltips. Currently the quicklaunch is the
  only actor making use of tooltips by showing them for each
  favourite when pointer is over one of them.
* New feature: Implemented theme layout. It is now neccessary
  that each theme will provide a xml file describing how to
  layout each actor. There is also a change in theme file
  (see file xfdashboard.theme) because it has to be specified
  what the file of css and layout file is. But therefore
  xfdashboard is now fully themable - not only in style but
  also in layout.
* Added new pseudo-class ":hover" that each actor derived from
  XfdashboardActor inherits. This pseudo-class will be set at an
  actor if pointer is moved over it and removed when pointer
  has left the area the actor occupies.
* Fixed a bug in applications search provider added with the
  new search provider framework of last version which prevented
  to start an application from desktop files of nested sub-folders
  like Wine creates them.
* Fixed a bug in view selector which does not always showed the
  correct toggle state.

Download
========

http://xfdashboard.froevel.de/releases/xfdashboard-0.1.6.tar.gz