adapted $PATH not available for GUI

houghi at houghi.org houghi at houghi.org
Sun Mar 16 21:18:25 CET 2014

On Sun, Mar 16, 2014 at 08:52:08PM +0100, houghi at houghi.org wrote:
> How can it be that if /usr/games and /usr/local/games are still in PATH if
> they are not in that file. To me that means that is NOT the file that is
> actually being read. SO what is?

Found it. It is hard coded into lightdm. On the virtual machine I did a
`grep -R / '/usr/local/games' and I found only the two files I previously
mentioned. So I removed it there, restarted and nothing.

I then did the grep again and I just saw that /usr/bin/whereis and
/usr/sbin/lightdm. So I looked in that last file and changed all games
into gxmes. Now indeed the PATH is
/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/gxmes:/usr/gxmes

So the parameters are not read from /etc/profile as one would expect with
lightdm, nor from any other file.

houghi
--
This is written under the inluence of the following: