Strange clipman startup issue

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 17:55:42 CET 2014

>>> XFCE Menu => Settings => Session & Startup => Application Autostart ?
>>

>> The clipman plugin actually loads fine on the initial system with that
>> unchecked.  There seem to be two ways to start clipman.  Via autostart
>> and via a panel plugin.  The clipman icon and right-click menu are
>> different depending on which way it is loaded.  I'd like to use the
>> panel plugin but I'm running into this problem.
>>
> What is the problem? In my experience it suffices to add the panel
> plugin to the panel, and the panel should remember and load it next
> time on start-up. Try to do `xfce4-panel -r &` after you add clipman
> to the panel.

That works fine.  What doesn't work is doing that on one system and
transferring the pertinent files from that system to another.  I'm
transferring /etc/* and all of the following and the clipman plugin
doesn't appear on the destination system:

# find /home/user/.config -name *clipman*
/home/user/.config/autostart/xfce4-clipman-plugin-autostart.desktop
/home/user/.config/xfce4/panel/xfce4-clipman-actions.xml

grep -Rlm1 clipman /home/user/.config
/home/user/.config/autostart/xfce4-clipman-plugin-autostart.desktop
/home/user/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfce4-panel.xml

I can then add the clipman plugin to the destination system manually
and it persists.  What could I be missing?  This works great with all
aspects of xfce4 that I've tested except for the clipman plugin.

- Grant