[***SPAM*** Score/Req: 06.00/5.0] Re: how to have the automatic select and copy behavior in mousepad?

Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org
Tue Mar 4 20:37:03 CET 2014

On Wed, 5 Mar 2014 00:46:02 +0800
Auguste Pop <auguste at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. have random text selected inside mousepad
> 2. left click inside mousepad to choose the place to insert the copied text
> 3. middle click
>
> nothing happens after this. However, if we do the following procedure
>
> 1. open two instances of mousepad
> 2. select some text in instance 1.
> 3. left click inside instance 2 to choose the paste position
> 4. middle click inside instance 2
>
> the text selected in instance 1 is actually copy-pasted into instance 2.
>
> I think this is a bug. Mousepad seems unable to copy-paste inside one
> document window.

I tried the following, and it works:

I start as you do with 1, but afterwards instead of left-clicking then middle clicking, I directly put the cursor where I  want the insert, and middle-click without left-clicking.

Cheers,

Ron.
--
        The ability to speak several languages is an admirable asset,
 but to be able to hold your tongue in one language is absolutely priceless.