Configuration conpletly lost after unclean shutdown

Heinz Diehl htd at fritha.org
Sun Jul 20 22:10:50 CEST 2014

On 20.07.2014, Clemens Eisserer wrote:

> I've experienced a loss of the complete xfce configuration after an
> unclean shutdown, and recently only of the whiskers menu (using btrfs,
> which uses delayed allocation).

I've experienced data loss in the way yo describe on a test-machine
using btrfs. After changing to XFS (which I'm using exclusively on my
other machines) I didn't encounter a single data loss, even after some
severe crashes induced by sudden power loss.

Thus, I suspect btrfs to play an important role here.