gedit renders without a window frame

Kai-Martin Knaak kmk at lilalaser.de
Wed Jul 9 04:05:40 CEST 2014

Mathias Brodala wrote:

> Welcome to the world of CSD, client side decorations, and the way
> GTK developers force them on users.

:-|
I feared something along these lines. Probably, this is just the
start. And in due time all core applications of gnome will be
frameless...

I guess, it is time to say good bye. Its been nice using you gnome
apps as long as you were gtk2. But I switched to xfce for a reason
(actually more than one). So it is only logical to leave the apps
behind, too. Thanks to Marshall Neill for the hint to medit! This
looks like a proper replacement.

---<)kaimartin(>---