gedit renders without a window frame

Kai-Martin Knaak kmk at familieknaak.de
Sat Jul 5 20:05:27 CEST 2014

After one of the latest updates on my debian/testing desktops, gedit
had an extensive change in the look and feel of the GUI. Not only it
replaced the familiar top menu comprising "file", "edit", "view",
"search", "help", etc with a bunch of smart phone like buttons. Gedit
also renders without a frame now. Consequently, it also lacks the
buttons to iconify, maximize, or roll  the window up.

While I may get used to the smartphone like buttons, the absence of
iconify, and maximize messes up my work flow (for serious work). Is
the frameless window deliberate? Or is it some kind of bug?

---<)kaimartin(>---

PS: gedit is currently at v3.12.1 on my system

--
Kai-Martin Knaak