Session save doesn't seem to save terminal workspace

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Fri Jan 31 22:57:33 CET 2014

On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 09:41:05PM +0000, Chris Green wrote:
> When I close down (and as per the other thread) my session gets saved I
> have 7 terminal windows open of five different workspaces.
>
> When I restart all 7 terminal windows appear in workspace 1.
>
> Is this a known bug?

After a little further investigation I think this may be a timing
problem.  When the windows are restored it *sometimes* gets one in the
right place.

Related to this I used to use wmctrl to place my terminal windows and
that too suffers from the same problem.  If you use wmctrl to place the
terminal windows too soon after they have appeared then it doesn't work.
If you delay a second or so after the windows have appeared then it
works OK.

This has only started happening recently - after moving to xubuntu
13.10.

--
Chris Green