Xfce is very slow

Stephane Ascoet Stephane.Ascoet at ac-orleans-tours.fr
Thu Jan 30 10:49:36 CET 2014

> Hi,
> after all your help and avices I'm now at the point to install from the
> scratch. I only have to choose between Xubuntu and Ubuntu+xfce. I'll let

Hi, why only two choices? There are hundreds of GNU/Linux distributions, and some of them are much lighter and free than Ubuntu. I'm
not trying to put anger again in this thread. The reason why I'm saying that is due to the fact that I wonder a lot why your system
is swapping that much. I don't think that this is the cause of the slowness you have, but it's a bad point if the memory is fully
used now. What will happen in a few years, when the computer will get older?
And another point: A collegue of mine, who is an usual "micro$oft children" is trying Ubuntu. While helping him, I saw with horror
that 12.2 LTS version still installs itself in an unique partition... very bad idea, even Window$ always come with several
partitions on computers by now... Ubuntu is windowsinfing GNU, while window$ is getting a very little better :-(

--
Bien cordialement, Stephane Ascoet