Xfce is very slow, part 2

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Jan 29 11:56:12 CET 2014

On Wed, 2014-01-29 at 11:32 +0100, Hartmut Haase wrote:
> > I don't remember that it was swaping like crazy. I remember that
> > Hartmut's computer had a lot of free RAM.
> at the moment it swaps about 12%.

Please, post the output of the command Pierre-Jean posted on Wed,
2014-01-29 at 10:27 +0100:
> swapon -s

This output doesn't show percentage, my for example looks like that:

[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ swapon -s
Filename    Type      Size    Used Priority
/dev/sda10  partition 2273160 0	   -1
/dev/sdb7   partition 2546264 0    -2

However, even heavy usage of the swap hardly would point out what the
culprit is. I suspect completely wrong settings automatically done by
the distros installer and/or by Hartmut.

I recommend to _purge_ remove Xfce4 and than to install Xfce4 again and
not simply to reinstall it.

2 Cents,
Ralf